Indian Meal Moths (larvae stage that look like maggots)

All about How To Kill Maggots Forums Maggots help Indian Meal Moths (larvae stage that look like maggots)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Ellen 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Ellen

Is it possible for the eggs of the Indian Meal Moth to enter the human body (other than by ingestion) through a cavity such as ear, nose,anus, etc….. More to this story, but for now a definite yes or no will suffice. Anyone with certainty, please respond, or tell me where to go to find the correct answer. All responses are welcome and appreciated.
    Ellen

In all my 20 years experience as a pest control professional I have never heard of a case of the Indian Meal Moth entering the human body other than ingestion. The insect spends its whole life cycle in milled food sources. Hope that helps.

Ellen

Ifitcrawlscall,
    Thank you for the response. It does help to know that. The exterminator was here Wed., but there are a lot of things that he didn’t tell me to do/not to do. All I was told was that we could come back to the house in 4 hours. And that we could wipe down the table & counter tops. Well, there were still a lot of moths in the pantry (source) AND then last night I started noticing more of them on the Dining Room ceiling mostly, & 2 lower down. This is where we had been told to put all the cabinet stuff: dishes, canned & jarred food, etc… I called the Co. & left a message. They called back this AM. The Technician is supposed to call me ‘later this afternoon’. It is 4:25PM now…no call…calling them!
    Ellen

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.